North Metro Fire Rescue District’s Fleet Maintenance Division oversees a full-service maintenance and repair facility located at North Metro Fire’s Training Center Complex. The Fleet Maintenance facility is comprised of 6,086 sq. feet of service bays, tool storage, welding and fabrication room, and dedicated vehicle maintenance parts room.
North Metro Fire’s fleet serves a variety of needs throughout the District. From the airport rescue and firefighting (ARFF) truck to fire engines and ambulances, our community is kept safe through all emergencies.
Fleet Maintenance provides various operational functions including:
- Preventative maintenance and service scheduling
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records
- Providing parts and warehousing for reserve apparatus
- Providing quarterly apparatus costing reports for all of Fleet Maintenance’s customers
- Purchasing and maintaining up-to-date tools and equipment
- Up-to-date training for all personnel
- Fire pump and apparatus maintenance training for all promoted and acting engineers
- All repairs and maintenance done by highly skilled and certified Emergency Vehicle Technicians (EVTs).
Fleet Services for Outside Agencies
Aside from servicing its own fleet, North Metro Fire’s Fleet Maintenance team services many area fire departments. View a summary of services North Metro Fire can provide your department.
Listed below is a summary of services North Metro Fire Rescue District can provide for your department. For more information and pricing, please contact Interim Fleet Maintenance Manager Jason Smith.
In-house diagnosis and repair of gas and diesel engines, drive train components, air and hydraulic braking systems, secondary braking systems (electric/hydraulic retarders and engine brakes), electrical systems, electronic engine and transmission controls, ABS, fire pump systems, aerial systems and more. Repairs can be completed cost effectively at the service facility, subject to consultation with and prior consent of the owner's representative.
Other services include:
- Suspension service and repair
- Standard and custom preventative maintenance
- Procurement of specialty parts from vehicle and component manufacturers
- Coordinating and supervising third party pump certification inspections
- New apparatus acceptance testing
- Complete NFPA and ISO Record Keeping
- Complete apparatus safety inspections per NFPA and D.O.T.
- Coordinating and supervising third party aerial certification
- Consultation services for apparatus specifications
In addition, the Fleet Maintenance team will prepare and provide the owner with detailed invoices, the description of the work performed and parts provided. For additional information on how we can serve your department, please contact us.